But this time the contest might get more interesting because the re-union of both sides have plenty more to offer then they had last year in the final.
|Bayern Munich vs Chelsea Friday 30 August 2013|
Bayern Munich Honours:
- Bayern Munich is the only German club to complete the treble by winning Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal-Final and UEFA Champions League final in the same season. The side was led by Jupp Heynckes.
- Lost all of their previous UEFA Super Cup final.
- Won European Cup 5 times.
- Won Bundesliga for 23 times
Chelsea FC Honours:
- Won English Premier League 4 times.
- Won UEFA Super Cup 1 time.
- Won UEFA Champions League 1 time.
Both the Chelsea and Bayern Munich have appointed new managers for 2013-2014 season but with Jose Mourinho it is not really the case, he have been in charge at Stamford bridge earlier in which he led his side to win 2 Premier League trophies, 2 League Cups, FA Cup and Community Shield.
On the other hand Pep Guardiola took charge at Bayern Munich as manager on 1 July 2013, but lost to domestic rivals Borussia Dortmund by 2-4 in the 2013 DFL-Supercup on 27 July 2013.
But Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola have met each other before numerous times when they were in charge at Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively. So both know each other pretty well and knows how to dominate over each other.
Jose Mourinho vs Pep Guardiola head to head:
Jouse Mourinho and Pep Guardila have met each other 12 times on different ocassions and the Spaniard have the upper hand winning almost half of the games. Jose Mourinho was only able to win against rival on two occassions and other ending in draws. Jose Mourinho suffered a 5-0 defeat in his first game as Real Madrid manager against Barcelona.